Gates has had its first major update for its beta version, so here’s James with what’s changed:
Gates has been a fun ride so far. Its gone through many updates behind the scenes, even being rewritten several times. All of those updates and rewrites served to polish the game into the best form it could be in. Though, I have a long way to go. This first update for the public beta progresses some of the game, but actually removes some as well. The following is a short update on the changes:
- Lots of little rewrites and grammar changes. I have a lot of work to do to turn my writing into something presentable, but over time it will become a professional work.
- Descriptions of talents are simplified. This is a preventative measure for me. Essentially, I am making them simple now so I can experiment with different description types and styles. When I find one I like, I will be slowly fine tuning all of the descriptions.
- Reordered the book. Some of the rules are introduced at awkward times, so I simply moved them to where they are relevant.
- Monsters! I added several enemy examples. These enemies are for mundane to heroic tier. I will add some more powerful examples latter as well.
- Colossi rules have been expanded. Giving proper rules for climbing and battling them.
My personal favorite monster is the ninja. Particularly because of its ninja swarm ability. Essentially, if the ninja is in a large group of other ninja, then it is severely weakened. This gives that reverse ninjitsu feel that cinematic movies have. And what else is cooler than fighting hordes of ninja?
Try out Gates now by clicking on the logo above or just CLICK HERE.
If you want to chat with James and the other devs of Stormforge West about the games they’re making, come join our Discord server.