It’s as cold and wet down here in New Zealand as the day is long, but you northerners are having quite a lovely summer I hear. So in honour of your heat waves, here are two quick summer recipes for today.
- 500g/1lb of meat
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables
- 12 wooden skewers
- 2 cups of tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Cut the meat into bite sized pieces and put into a bowl with the vegetables
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix thoroughly
- Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto the wooden skewers
- Cook on the grill or BBQ for about 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked to your taste
- 2 cups of your favourite fruit juice
- 2 cups of your favourite fruit, chopped and frozen
- 2 cups of plain yoghurt
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
This makes around 4 glasses worth of smoothie. Keep chilled until you’re ready to serve.
If you like these recipes, have a go at making them, and let us know how it turns out!
If you’ve missed any of the previous recipes, find them HERE.
And get your hands on our newest game, Enforcer, by clicking on the banner below.