We’re staying with comfort food for this week’s recipes, but instead of taking the theme from the southern hemisphere, we’ll go the south of the good old USA.
Chicken Parm Bites
- 500g/1lb chicken, boned and skinned
- 2 cups of bread crumbs (Panko preferably)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stove top/hob
- Deep fryer
- Heat up your deep fryer, or fill a saucepan with oil and bring to medium-high heat
- In one bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, garlic powder and paprika
- In a second bowl, mix the eggs thoroughly
- In the third bowl, put the flour
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper
- Coat the chicken pieces in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs
- Fry the chicken pieces until deep golden and cooked on the inside (check with a cooking thermometer that the internal temperature reaches >75C/170F
Serve the chicken bites topped with more parmesan.
- 8 cups of boiling water
- 8 tea bags of your favourite tea
- 1 lemon/orange/citrus fruit of choice
- Take the rind off the citrus fruit (don’t take the white parts as they are bitter), and put the rind and juice of the fruit in a large pitcher
- Add in the tea bags and boiled water
- Let the tea steep, and remove the tea bags when it’s strong enough for you
- Cool the tea in the fridge, and serve with ice
You can cold brew the tea by putting the tea bags in cold water, and letting it steep in the fridge for 24 hours.
If you like these recipes, have a go at making them, and let us know how it turns out!
If you’ve missed any of the previous recipes, find them HERE.
And get your hands on our newest game, Enforcer, launched just this week, by clicking on the banner below.